Well it’s been a whirlwind week and I can’t believe that our last day is here already! The week started last Saturday with the sendoff party. We had about 60-70 folks we got to say goodbye to. The great thing was that we got to “see” all our friends. The downside is that we didn’t actually get to “talk” to a lot of people. I think Lauren B. and I got to finish maybe 2 conversations between 6pm and 11pm.
Most of our week was spent tying up loose ends such as:
- Getting final vaccinations
- Selling vehicles
- Cancelling medical insurance
- Cancelling other policies
- Working a little
- Tying up finances
- Dealing with the house title
And also preparation tasks such as:
- Testing the auto-pilot (which by the way, like Zoolander, cannot turn left – must fix this)
- Checking the weather and wind off the Pacific Coast (looks like there’s not much wind off Washington right now.
- Provisioning the boat – 1 Costco trip, 1 Safeway trip and 1 Trader Joes trip
- Making a map of the boat
- Determining the watch schedule (6’s and 4’s)
Well it’s two hours til departure so I better get off the computer and get ready! We’ll post an update once we make it into SanFran.