Well, we are almost a T-minus one month! The boat is coming together, though we ended up having one extra large project we were not planning on. A few weeks back while cruising, the new transmission started acting up. Since we just re-powered last year, this was something I was not really expecting. Luckily, Beta Marine and ZF Hurth both have been great and the newly rebuilt transmission is back in the boat again.Basically the clutch of the saildrive was acting weird and not always engaging. Nathan, the tech from Hurth replaced both clutches in the unit and did notice one of the shims was JUST slightly out of spec. Anyway, the unit is back in and runs great.
The whole ice-box rebuild is also basically done. It is hard to say how much of a difference it is making since I never really got detailed measurements of cycle times or power draw before we did it, but I did notice moisture in the old insulation, so we are definitely better than we were before. Sadly I put a small kink in one of the evaporator lines while reinstalling it. It all seems to be working, but I am worried we might have problems down the road. We also completely redid the storage inside the box, building some shelves and using some nesting rubber-maid baskets to store stuff. We don’t have the large quantity of beer storage space we did before, but I think the overall usability of the space is WAY better than it was before.
We still have a bunch of little stuff to do on the boat before we leave, but right now it is more about getting rid of the last of the stuff we are not storing, and getting the rest boxed up and put away for the trip. Then we will move on the boat and start figuring out how to actually live on the boat, rather than just vacation on it.